Thursday, February 15, 2007

I decided that it is time for an update:

I haven't been playing poker much lately as I am going through some transition here. I was going to deposit to take advantage of the Star's deposit bonus earlier this year, but I had a screwup in my bank and I didn't get it addressed in time to take advantage of it. I have mixed feelings about it considering the Netteller situation and the continuing crackdown by the feds.

Last time I played was during the forum PXF #2 tourney where somehow I finished 2nd. I played pretty well that night and for the most part, got my money in with the best hand and they mainly held up until Chris kept outdrawing me heads up. Nothing I could do about it as I was outchipped 10:1 at one point. . I was still pleased with the way I played though. I didn't notice any glaring mistakes aside from my folding to the blinds who were both sitting out. Oops. I am glad that only happened once.

The forum tourney section has been hopping with lots of new threads, and it has given me a lot to think about. Kevin (lucko) has been posting some interesting hand examples and it has provided a lot of debate among the forum. It is interesting hearing the views from Chipp, lucko, mag, drome, zai and others who have enjoyed much more success in MTT's and Sng's. It has gotten me rethinking my game and I am going to start playing sng's again to rebuild my roll. Since I didn't take advantage of the bonus, I will probably have to start on the $5 ones until I can move up. It will be a good exercise and I will make sure that I keep updating it regularly.

There is in the worst of fortune the best of chances for a happy change
--Euripides

1 comment:

Dr0me said...

Definitely feel free to put political shit (unrelated to poker) in here, i will def read it